Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.
These 3 Ingredient Vegan Pancakes are the perfect healthy breakfast idea to mix up your morning routine. You only need a couple bananas, oats, and a can of coconut milk. Super quick & delicious, plus you can even make them gluten free.
Sometimes you are craving pancakes, but want them to be a little healthier or you need them to be allergen free. Don’t get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with eating traditional pancakes, but these are a great light alternative.
So I wanted this recipe to be easy enough to make on a busy morning, but also super satisfying and tasty.
- Only 3 healthy ingredients
- Vegan & gluten free
- Soft and slightly sweet
- Extra richness from the canned coconut milk
- Great breakfast to make if you are short on time
before you start
Step 1: Heat a large skillet on medium low heat. Grease with cooking spray or coconut oil.
Step 2: In a blender, add all of the ingredients. Blend on high until very smooth. The batter will be thick.
Step 3: Pour ⅓-1/2 cup of batter onto the pan and spread into a circle. Repeat as many times to fill your pan. Cook for 4-5 minutes.
Step 4: Flip the pancakes and cook for another 4-5 minutes. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Depending on the size of the bananas, the batter might be too thick. You can always add a tablespoon of water or plant based milk if it is hard to blend.
- These pancakes are not very fluffy. Add 2 teaspoons of baking powder to the batter for fluffier pancakes.
- Make sure you grease your pan so the pancakes do not stick. You may have to do this a couple of times while cooking them.
- These pancakes take longer to cook than traditional pancakes. Keep the temperature low so the middle becomes firm before the outside overcooks. The top should almost be set before flipping.
3 Ingredient Vegan Pancakes (Banana Oat)
- 2 overripe bananas
- 1 ½ cups (150 g) oats
- 1 can (13.5 ounces) coconut milk*
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- Review all recipe notes and instructions before beginning.
- Heat a large skillet on medium low heat. Grease with cooking spray or coconut oil.
- In a blender, add all of the ingredients. Blend on high until very smooth. The batter will be thick.
- Pour ⅓-1/2 cup of batter onto the pan and spread into a circle. Repeat as many times to fill your pan. Cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Flip the pancakes and cook for another 4-5 minutes. Repeat with remaining batter.