Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.
This Homemade Avocado Lime Ranch Dressing is creamy, tangy, and absolutely addicting. Great as a dipping sauce or salad dressing, this ranch tastes amazing on everything! It is loaded with lots of herbs and spices that will give any dish a flavor boost.
I am always looking for ways to spice up this classic dressing. So I put a bit of a Mexican inspired spin on traditional ranch dressing by adding avocado and lime.
The avocado adds a beautiful color, extra creaminess, and lots of healthy fats. And the lime juice adds an extra tang. These flavors make this dressing perfect for southwest salads, burrito bowls, or tacos.
- Dried chives: You can use 2 teaspoons of dried chives instead.
- Greek yogurt: You can replace this with sour cream.
before you start
Step 1: Add all of the ingredients into the food processor.
Step 2: Pulse until smooth. Use a spatula to scrape down the sides of the bowl if needed to make sure everything is combined.
Homemade Avocado Lime Ranch Dressing
- 1 large ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- ½ cup (113g) greek yogurt
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice, 1-2 limes
- 2 Tablespoons chopped chives
- 2 Tablespoons minced white onion
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- ⅛ teaspoon dried dill
- ½ teaspoon granulated garlic
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- Review all recipe notes and instructions before beginning.
- Add all of the ingredients into the food processor.
- Pulse until smooth. Use a spatula to scrape down the sides of the bowl if needed to make sure everything is combined.