Easy Mango Habanero Salsa
This roasted Mango Habanero Salsa is super spicy, sweet, and a little tangy. The roasted vegetables deepen the flavor of the salsa and the fresh mango brightens everything up. It is delicious on its own with tortilla chips, on top of tacos, or even grilled fish or chicken.
Servings: 4 cups
- 4 roma tomatoes
- 2-3 habaneros stems removed*
- 1 medium onion quartered*
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil*
- 2 ripe mangos peeled & pitted*
- ⅓ cup loosely packed cilantro leaves and stems
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ lime juiced
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Toss the onion, tomatoes, and habaneros with the olive oil on a baking sheet lined with foil.
Roast for 20 minutes. Broil on high for 2-3 minutes watching closely for more of a char.
Place the roasted vegetables, mangoes, cilantro, salt, and lime in the bowl of a food processor or blender.
Blend until smooth. Serve warm or chill overnight.
- Habaneros: I typically roast 3 habaneros and only blend in 2 to start. I recommend starting with 1-2 habaneros and adding the rest to taste. You can always make the salsa spicier.
- Onion: Swap for red onion.
- Fresh Mango: I have not tested this recipe with frozen mango so I recommend using fresh.
- Olive Oil: Swap for grapeseed, avocado, or vegetable oil.
- This mango habanero salsa is hot. I usually use about 2-3 habaneros and that results in a very spicy salsa. It is definitely not kid friendly or for those who are sensitive to spice. Even with one habanero, it will still be quite spicy.
- Refrigerator: Store leftover salsa in the fridge in a jar or airtight container for 5-7 days.
- Line the baking sheet with foil. This makes cleanup super easy.
- Use tongs or gloves. The habanero is so hot that it can irritate the skin. I recommend using tongs or gloves to touch the pepper.
- Roast the vegetables. This deepens and adds so much flavor to the salsa. I do not recommend blending the vegetables raw.
Calories: 120kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 588mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 17g