Easy Hawaiian Roll Sliders
This King’s Hawaiian Ham & Cheese Sliders recipe is quick, easy, and can be served as an appetizer for parties or a kid friendly lunch. What is not to love about hot ham and melty cheese sandwiched between soft rolls and topped with butter?
Servings: 12 people
- 1 package King’s Hawaiian original sweet rolls 12 rolls*
- 12 ounces black forest ham
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese*
- 5 Tablespoons melted salted butter
- 1 Tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon honey*
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon granulated garlic
- ½ teaspoon onion powder or dried minced onion
- fresh cracked black pepper
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Without pulling the rolls apart, slice the whole tray of rolls in half.
Line a baking dish with parchment paper.
Place the bottom half of the rolls in the prepared baking dish.
Layer the ham evenly across the bread.
Layer the cheese evenly across the ham.
Top with the other half of the bread.
Stir together the melted butter, dijon, honey, worcestershire, parmesan, parsley, garlic, and onion until well combined.
Spoon the butter on top of the rolls and spread.
Cover with foil and bake covered for 30 minutes.
Remove the foil.
Bake for another 5-10 minutes, or until the rolls begin to brown.
- Hawaiian Rolls: Substitute any sweet brioche dinner rolls.
- Cheddar Cheese: Substitute for sliced swiss, provolone, or American cheese.
- Honey: Substitute for brown sugar.
- Carefully cut the Hawaiian rolls. You do not want the rolls to separate when you cut them. I recommend using a sharp serrated knife when cutting bread.
- Evenly place the fillings and toppings. You want to ensure every slider has a little bit of everything.
- Do not skip the butter. This is the best part of baked ham sliders. It adds so much flavor and makes these the best.
- Keep them warm. If you are serving these at a party, cover them with foil so they stay warm.
- Reheat in the oven. This prevents the leftover sliders from becoming soggy.
Calories: 236kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 47mg | Sodium: 637mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g