Cream Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
These easy Cream Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms are the perfect appetizer. The filling has two kinds of cheese, worcestershire, fresh garlic, and spices. These mushrooms are finished with a parmesan panko topping for a little crunch.
Servings: 6 people
- 16 ounces whole mushrooms washed, dried, & stemmed*
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil*
- 8 ounces full fat cream cheese softened to room temperature*
- 2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce
- 3-4 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ¾ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- fresh cracked black pepper
- 4 ounces (½ cup) sharp white cheddar cheese shredded*
- ¼ cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 Tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 Tablespoon salted butter melted
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, toss the mushrooms and olive oil together, until well coated.
In a bowl, mash together the cream cheese, worcestershire, garlic, thyme, onion powder, salt, and pepper, until smooth.
Fold in the cheddar cheese.
In a separate bowl, mix together the panko, parmesan, and melted butter.
Spoon the cheese filling into the mushroom. Use a small rubber spatula or the back of a spoon to press it in and level the top.
Sprinkle the top of the mushrooms with the panko mixture and pat down so it sticks.
Repeat with all mushrooms.
Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Mushrooms: You can use baby bella or white mushrooms. Be sure to wash them well and remove any dirt. Remove the stems with your hands and use a spoon to scrape out some of the inside. This makes room for the filling. You can save the chopped stems for cooking. Pat the mushroom caps dry with paper towels removing as much water as possible.
- Olive Oil: Substitute for any neutral cooking oil, like avocado.
- Cream Cheese: Let the cream cheese sit out at room temperature for about 1 hour so it is easier to mix.
- Cheddar Cheese: You can use a milder or yellow cheddar, but white cheddar has a sharper taste and more flavor. I highly recommend it.
- Dry the mushrooms. Use paper towels to remove excess water from the mushrooms. This helps them to roast instead of steam in the oven. You can also bake them on a wire rack so that any excess water drips off.
- Use room temperature cream cheese. Cream cheese right out of the fridge will be too hard to mix.
- Prepare in advance. These mushroom caps can be stuffed up to one day ahead of time. Cover and store in the fridge until ready to bake.
Calories: 269kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Trans Fat: 0.1g | Cholesterol: 64mg | Sodium: 525mg | Fiber: 0.2g | Sugar: 2g