Greek Yogurt Chicken
This Greek Yogurt Chicken is so tender and packed with flavor. It does require a few hours of marinating, but is definitely worth the wait. The marinade is full of garlic, shallot, lemon, and spices.
Servings: 4 people
- ¾ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar*
- 1 lemon juiced
- 2 small shallots*
- 10-12 cloves garlic
- 1 Tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 Tablespoon oregano
- 1 Tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon dill weed
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 ½ pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs*
Add all of the marinade ingredients into the bowl of a large food processor.
Pulse until smooth.
Place the chicken thighs into a zip top bag. Pour the marinade over the chicken.
Tightly seal the bag and massage the chicken so it is all coated in the marinade. Marinate for 2-12 hours.
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the chicken thighs in a single layer so they are not overlapping, shaking off excess marinade.
Bake for 25-30 minutes. Broil on high for 2-3 minutes or until slightly blackened.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Substitute for white or red wine vinegar.
- Shallot: Substitute for half of a red or white onion.
- Smoked Paprika: Be sure to use smoked paprika instead of regular. It has a much richer flavor.
- Chicken Thighs: Substitute for boneless skinless chicken breasts. Dark meat tends to be more moist and tender so I prefer it.
- Marinate the chicken for at least 2 hours. This time allows the yogurt and all of the aromatics to tenderize and flavor the chicken. However, I do not recommend marinating it for more than 12 hours.
- Use a meat thermometer. Chicken thighs should be cooked to an internal temperature of 165-170 degrees. Using a thermometer ensures you do not over or under cook the chicken.
- Broil. The high heat adds some char which deepens the flavor and color of the chicken.
Calories: 528kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 60g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 14g | Trans Fat: 0.1g | Cholesterol: 271mg | Sodium: 1437mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g