Ground Chicken Lettuce Wraps
These healthy Ground Chicken Lettuce Wraps are easy, fresh, and full of delicious Asian flavors, like ginger and hoisin. They are inspired by PF Chang’s, but are even better & take less than 30 minutes to make.
Servings: 4 people
- 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 Tablespoon toasted sesame oil*
- 1 Tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 5 cloves garlic
- ¼ - ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes*
- 1 pound ground chicken*
- 1 onion diced
- 1 bell pepper diced
- ¾ cup chopped carrots
- 3 Tablespoons hoisin
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce*
- 2 Tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 Tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch optional
- ¼ cup water if needed
- For Serving
- 1 head butter lettuce
- sliced cucumber
- chopped peanuts
- green onions fresh cilantro, mint, & basil
Over medium heat, melt the butter and oil.
Add the ginger, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Sauté for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown.
Add the chicken. Sauté for 8-10 minutes or until cooked through.
Add the onion, bell pepper, and carrot. Sauté for 3-4 minutes or until softened.
Add the hoisin, soy sauce, vinegar, honey, peanut butter, and cornstarch. Stir until combined. Reduce heat to low. Add ¼ cup of water (if needed) and simmer for 1-2 minutes.
Remove from heat. Assemble lettuce wraps. Garnish with peanuts, cucumber, cilantro, mint, and basil.
- Toasted Sesame Oil: Be sure to use toasted sesame oil. It has a darker color compared to regular and more flavor.
- Red Pepper Flakes: For mild heat, use ¼ teaspoon. For medium heat, use ½ teaspoon.
- Ground Chicken: Substitute for ground pork, turkey, or beef.
- Soy Sauce: Substitute for coconut aminos as a gluten-free option.
- Don’t skip the garnish. The peanuts, cucumbers, and fresh herbs add so much texture and flavor.
Calories: 319kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Trans Fat: 0.2g | Cholesterol: 105mg | Sodium: 793mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 11g