Crispy Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Tacos
These Crispy Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Tacos are super cheesy and finished with a homemade jalapeño ranch sauce. You can use leftover or rotisserie chicken to keep this recipe quick & easy.
Servings: 8 tacos
Buffalo Chicken Tacos
- 2 cups shredded chicken*
- ½ cup store-bought buffalo sauce*
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic
- 8 ounces cheese shredded*
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- 8 corn tortillas*
Jalapeño Ranch Sauce
- 1 cup sour cream*
- ½ cup mayo
- ½ cup pickled jalapenos
- ½ cup packed cilantro leaves & stems
- 2 Tablespoons fresh chopped chives
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
In the bowl of a food processor, add all of the ingredients for the jalapeño ranch. Pulse until combined. Chill in the fridge.
In a mixing bowl, combine the chicken, cheese, buffalo sauce, chili powder, cumin, and garlic.
Warm the tortillas in the microwave for about 30-60 seconds so they are pliable. Brush the outside of each with oil.
Fill each tortilla with about ⅛ of the chicken mixture. Fold in half and seal by pressing tightly.
Place about 4 tacos in the air fryer basket (or as many that can fit in in a single layer).
Air fry at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until golden.
- Chicken: You can use leftover or rotisserie chicken. You can also season (with salt & pepper), sear, and steam about 2 boneless chicken breasts and then shred them.
- Buffalo Sauce: I use medium buffalo sauce by 365. You can use any brand, like Sweet Baby Rays or Frank Red Hot, or make it homemade. Just be sure to use buffalo sauce and not hot sauce or it will be too spicy.
- Cheese: I used a blend of monterey jack, pepper jack, and sharp cheddar. Use your favorite cheese or a blend.
- Sour Cream: Substitute for Greek Yogurt.
- Warm tortillas. Corn tortillas break easily. If the tortillas are dry and difficult to fold, warm them in the microwave for 30-60 seconds. You can also spray the tortillas with some water to make them more pliable.
- Keep warm. Serve these tacos as they are ready or keep them warm in the oven at 300 degrees as the other batches cook.
Calories: 237kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 0.01g | Cholesterol: 51mg | Sodium: 670mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 0.4g