The Best Cilantro Lime Rice
This is the best cilantro lime rice. It is super fluffy, and full of flavor. It packs a punch with a cilantro lime garlic pesto folded in.
- 1 Tablespoon butter*, unsalted
- 1 ½ cup jasmine rice*, rinsed
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
Cilantro Pesto Sauce
- 1 cup cilantro, leaves & stems
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 lime, juiced
- t tablespoon olive oil
Let's cook the rice!
In a medium sized pot, melt the butter on medium high heat. Add the rice, and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Continuosly stir the rice so it does not burn.
Add in the onion powder, and salt. Sauté until fragrant for about 1 minute.
Add the water. Once it is rapidly boiling, cover, and turn the heat to low. Cook for 15-20 minutes, so that all of the water has absorbed.
Let's make the pesto!
While the rice is cooking, in a food processor, add the cilantro, garlic, lime, and olive oil. Blend well, until completely smooth.
* You can replace the butter with 1 tablespoon of olive oil to make the dish vegan.
* You can use a different kind of white rice. Be sure to follow the instructions on the package for the rice to water ratio, and the cook time