Oven Roasted Yukon Gold Potatoes
These crispy Oven Roasted Yukon Gold Potatoes only require 7 ingredients and are the perfect easy side. Roasting at high temperature (425 degrees) helps them to develop lots of color and get nice and crispy.
Servings: 6 people
- 2 heaping Tablespoons kosher salt for boiling water
- 2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes halved
- 3 Tablespoons avocado or olive oil
- 5-6 cloves garlic minced finely
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt for seasoning
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¾ cup freshly finely grated parmesan cheese*
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Bring a large pot of water and the 2 Tablespoons of kosher salt to a boil. Carefully add the potatoes and boil for 14-17 minutes, depending on the size. The potatoes should not be falling apart or fork tender.
Strain the potatoes. Remove any excess water. Toss the potatoes with the oil, garlic, thyme, salt, and peppers.
Dip each potato cut-side down in the parmesan. Press firmly so a thick layer of cheese sticks to the potato bottom and edges.
Repeat with remaining potatoes and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle any remaining parmesan or garlic on top of the potatoes.
Bake for 30-35 minutes or until browned.
- Parmesan Cheese: Avoid the processed plastic can of cheese that is shelf stable. I recommend parmesan reggiano for the best flavor.
- Parboil. This step helps speed up the roasting process so the cheese and garlic does not burn. It also keeps the inside super fluffy and the outside crisp. I do not recommend skipping it.
- Use parchment paper. This ensures nothing will stick to the pan.