This Edible Pumpkin Cookie Dough is the perfect fall treat. Loaded with mini chocolate chips and marshmallows for lots of texture and a fun s'mores twist. The dough is made from only a few ingredients, including graham cracker crumbs, sweetened condensed milk, and pumpkin puree. It is completely egg & flour free.
- Fun fall party dessert
- Kid friendly
- Perfectly spiced with pumpkin pie spice & cinnamon
- Loaded with mini chocolate chips & marshmallows
- Completely safe to eat “raw”
- No egg or flour
- Easy to make no bake dessert
- Pumpkin Puree: The only ingredient listed on the back of the can should be pumpkin. Pumpkin pie mix is not the same. It has added sugar and spices which will make the cookie dough too sweet.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice: You will find this on the spice/seasoning aisle at the grocery store. You can also make your own pumpkin pie spice.
Helpful Equipment & Tools
- Hamilton Beach 6-Speed Electric Hand Mixer: Good quality and reasonably priced stand mixer.
- Duralex Mixing Bowl Set: My all time favorite mixing bowls because of all the different sizes.
- HOTEC Food Grade Silicone Rubber Spatula Set: Great for baking and cooking.
- Combine wet ingredients and spices.
- Fold in graham cracker crumbs.
- Fold in mini chocolate chips and marshmallows.
Step by Step
Step 1: Pulse the graham crackers into a fine crumb in a large food processor.
Step 2: In a large mixing bowl, combine the sweetened condensed milk, pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and salt. Whisk until smooth.
Step 3: Pour all of the graham cracker crumbs into the sweetened condensed milk mixture. Fold until about half of the crumbs are combined.
Step 4: Add the marshmallows and chocolate chips. Continue folding until well combined. Enjoy immediately or chill for 2 hours for a firmer consistency.
Make Ahead & Storage
- Refrigerator: Store in the fridge in an airtight container for 3-4 days. The dough will continue to harden as it is refrigerated. Remove from the fridge 15-30 minutes before serving if needed to soften.
- Freezer: I do not recommend freezing the cookie dough.
- Make Ahead: Since this edible pumpkin cookie dough stays good in the refrigerator for up to 4 days, it can easily be made in advance and served later.
- Pulse the graham crackers completely. The graham cracker should have an extremely fine texture, similar to flour.
- Chill the dough. While the dough is tasty immediately after mixing, I recommend chilling the dough for a firmer texture.
- Serve with extra chocolate chips & marshmallows on top. Not only does this look pretty, but it also adds even more texture.
- The dough is not meant to be baked. Since this is an edible cookie dough recipe, the recipe was not created with baking in mind. There are no binding or leavening agents. I have never tried to bake it, but I can’t imagine it would turn out.
- Roll the dough. You can scoop the dough and roll it into the balls to make pumpkin cookie dough bites instead. I recommend doing this before chilling. Chill the balls so they can set and hold their shape.
- Dip the bites in chocolate. After you form the dough into balls, put them into the freezer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper for 20-30 minutes. Dip in melted chocolate and pop them back in the fridge to set.
- Serve as a dip. If you want to serve the cookie dough room temperature, it will be soft enough to serve as a cookie dough dip. You can use graham crackers or other cookies for dipping. You can also use 2-3 less graham crackers for an ever thinner consistency.
- Gluten Free: I have not tested it, but I imagine you could easily swap regular graham crackers for gluten free to make this edible pumpkin cookie dough gluten free.
Edible Pumpkin Cookie Dough
- 18 graham crackers, 2 sleeves
- 1 14 ounce can Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk
- ½ cup pumpkin puree*
- 1 Tablespoon pumpkin pie spice*
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup mini marshmallows
- ½ cup mini semisweet or dark chocolate chips
- Review all recipe notes and instructions before beginning.
- Pulse the graham crackers into a fine crumb in a large food processor.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the sweetened condensed milk, pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and salt. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour all of the graham cracker crumbs into the sweetened condensed milk mixture. Fold until about half of the crumbs are combined.
- Add the marshmallows and chocolate chips. Continue folding until well combined. Enjoy immediately or chill for 2 hours for a firmer consistency.