These Air Fryer Baby Carrots are the most flavor yet simple side dish. They are the perfect accompaniment to any protein or side for upcoming holiday meals. The baby carrots are tossed with a few simple ingredients, roasted in the air fryer, and served over a bed of whipped feta because cheese is a must when it comes to vegetables.
Looking for more fall air fryer sides? Try my Air Fryer Roasted Butternut Squash.
- Perfectly roasted and caramelized carrots
- Air fryer roasts much faster than the oven
- Served over lemony whipped feta
- Perfect Thanksgiving or Christmas side dish
- Ready in less than 20 minutes
- Simple ingredients & super easy to make
- Gluten free
- Baby Carrots: You can swap these for 1 pound of sliced full size peeled carrots. I recommend cutting the carrots in half lengthwise and then into 2 - 2.5 inch pieces. You can also use frozen carrots but I do not think they have as good of a texture.
- Olive Oil: Swap for avocado oil or vegetable oil.
- Honey: Swap for brown sugar.
- Whipped Cream Cheese: Swap for regular cream cheese, greek yogurt, or sour cream, but according to this article, whipped cream cheese is the best option.
Helpful Equipment & Tools
- COSORI Air Fryer Max XL: The best air fryer! Great price point, basket size, and very powerful.
- 2 Pack Black Kitchen Tongs: Safe tips for air fryer baskets. Great quality and super durable.
- Cuisinart DLC-2ABC Mini Prep Plus Food Processor: Great for small batch recipes. Easy to clean compared to a large capacity food processor.
- Season the baby carrots.
- Air fry.
- Prepare the whipped feta.
Step by Step
Step 1: In a large mixing bowl combine the carrots, olive oil, honey, salt, and pepper. Toss well.
Step 2: Place the carrots in a single layer into the air fryer basket.
Step 3: Air fry at 390 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until done to your liking, shaking the basket halfway through.
Step 4: While the carrots are air frying, add the feta, cream cheese, and lemon zest into the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until smooth. This may take a couple of minutes.
Make Ahead & Storage
- Make Ahead: The whipped feta can be made the day before serving. Store it in an airtight container in the fridge. Remove it from the fridge about 30 minutes before serving so it can soften.
- Refrigerator: Store leftover air fryer baby carrots and feta in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
- Reheating: Reheat the air fried carrots in the air fryer at 360 for 4-5 minutes or until hot or in the microwave in 1 minute increments. Do not heat the whipped feta.
- Freezer: I do not recommend freezer leftover air fryer baby carrots.
- Dry carrots. I find baby carrots have alot of excess water in their bag. Place the carrots on a plate or bowl lined with paper towels and pat them dry. Removing the excess moisture helps them roast better.
- Toss well. This ensures the carrots are well and evenly coated in the olive oil, honey, and seasoning.
- Check the carrots halfway through. In most of my air fryer recipes, I recommend checking on the food at least once while it is cooking. This is because every air fryer cooks slightly different.
- Do not overfill the basket. If you want the carrots to roast properly, only fill the basket so there is a single layer of carrots with some slight overlapping. Cook in batches if needed.
- Make the whipped feta. The feta is technically optional but if you like feta cheese, it is a must. It adds such a nice flavor that compliments the carrots perfectly. If you are not a fan, check the variations down below.
- These carrots can be served on their own without any feta or garnish. These are optional components if you are looking to create a more complex dish. The carrots are still tasty on their own, I just like to add a little something extra to boost the flavor.
- The carrots are not overly sweet. The honey compliments the natural flavor of the carrots but does not make them taste particularly sweet.
- You can use a basket or air fryer oven for this recipe.
- Oven: Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Place seasoned carrots on a baking sheet and roast for 30-40 minutes or until carrots are done to your liking. Stir 2-3 times throughout the cooking process.
- Parmesan cheese: Skip the feta all together and top the roasted baby carrots with a generous amount of freshly shaved or grated parmesan reggiano cheese.
- Rainbow carrots: Use rainbow carrots for a fun pop of color. Follow the cutting instructions stated above under ingredients notes.
- Herbs: Add 1 teaspoon of dried rosemary, oregano, parsley, or thyme for a more savory flavor.
- Extra charred/soft: Add 3-4 minutes to the air frying time for softer or more done carrots.
Air Fryer Baby Carrots
- 1 pound (16 ounce bag) baby carrots, pat dry*
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil*
- 2 teaspoons honey*
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces feta cheese crumbles
- 1 ounce whipped cream cheese*
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- sliced lemon halves
- chopped parsley
- Review all recipe notes and instructions before beginning.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the carrots, olive oil, honey, salt, and pepper (and sliced lemons if using). Toss well.
- Place the carrots in a single layer into the air fryer basket.
- Air fry at 390 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until done to your liking, shaking the basket halfway through.
- While the carrots are air frying, add the feta, cream cheese, and lemon zest into the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until smooth. This may take a couple of minutes.
- Serve the carrots over the whipped feta and garnish with parsley and dill.