These Air Fryer Bone-In Pork Chops (No Breading) are smothered in a smokey BBQ dry rub and cooked to perfection in the air fryer. No grill needed! They have the perfect crust and stay extremely moist in the center. Finish them with this tangy warm apple and peach salsa for an easy summer dinner.
If you love easy pork recipes, try my Perfect Pork Tenderloin Recipe or learn How To Cook Spiral Sliced Ham in the oven.
My Brown Sugar Honey Glaze for ham also goes great with these pork chops.
- Cooked completely in the air fryer in less than 15 minutes
- No breading
- Easy BBQ dry rub
- Warm apple & peach salsa
- Perfect easy summer dinner
- No grill/outdoor cooking
- Bone-In Pork Chops: Bone-in have more flavor than boneless, but boneless works perfectly for this recipe as well.
- Jalapeño: Leave the seeds and membranes intact for more spice.
Complete list of ingredients and amounts is located on the recipe card below.
before you start . . .
- Prep the produce. Wash and peel the peaches and apples. Remove the seeds and membranes from the jalapeño (unless you want to add more spice). Finely chop the cilantro leaves and stems.
Step 1: In a saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the 1 jalapeños and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add the apple, peach, honey, vinegar, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Cook over medium heat for 15 minutes, string frequently.
Step 2: Combine all of the spices for the rub in a small bowl. Divide the rub between each chop and completely coat every side.
NOTE - The mixture will thicken as the water evaporates. .
TIP - Apply pressure to the rub so it sticks.
Step 3: Place in the air fryer in a single layer.
Step 4: Air fry at 400 degrees for 12-14 minutes or until they reach 145 degrees, flipping halfway through. Let them rest for 5 minutes and serve with warm salsa.
TIP - Batch cook if needed. You can’t stack them.
TIP - Use a meat thermometer to ensure the pork chops are cooked through.
Expert Tips & Recipe Notes
- Use a large air fryer. This way you can fit all 4 bone-in pork chops in it at the same time. Do not stack them. Cook in two batches if you cannot fit them all in at the same time.
- Press the dry rub in. It is important to use pressure when applying the dry rub so that it sticks. This will help a crust form and prevent it from falling all in the air fryer.
- No preheating required. The air fryers I have do not require preheating so you do not need to preheat the air fryer for this recipe.
- Be sure to flip. Don’t forget to flip the pork chops halfway through. This ensures a nice crust and browning on both sides.
- Use a meat thermometer. Pork should be cooked to 145 degrees. The best way to ensure that is cooked through, but not overdone is to use a digital meat thermometer. They only cost about $10-15, but are crucial to cook proteins perfectly every time.
- Let the chops rest before serving. Resting results in juicier chops.
Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for 3-4 days.
This depends on the size of your air fryer and the size of your pork chops. I would say 2-4. Do not stack the pork chops
Pork chops take 12-14 minutes in the air fryer at 400 degrees, depending on the thickness of the chop.
Pork chops dry out easily because they are a leaner cut of meat (fat = moisture). If they are tough, it is likely because they were over cooked. This is why I always use a meat thermometer. Pork is done when it reaches 145 degrees.
Pork and apples are like peanut butter and jelly. The sweetness and acidity from an apple pairs perfectly with the rich meatiness of the pork. They are contrasting flavors which balance each other out. Acid helps cut fat.
I love to serve these pork chops with a starch and a veggie. Some of my favorites include, Simple Mac and Cheese Recipe without Flour, Red Skin Mashed Potatoes, Roasted Green Beans and Carrots, or Kale Crunch Salad.
A dry rub adds flavor. At a minimum, every piece of meat should be seasoned with salt (about 1 teaspoon per pound) and pepper. A dry rub typically has other dry ingredients/spices as well. Salt helps bring out the natural flavor of the meat. The other spices add dimension. You can’t skip out of the rub!
Air Fryer Bone-In Pork Chops (No Breading)
- 4 small bone-in pork chops, about 3 pounds*
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 jalapeño, diced, seed & membranes removed*
- 1 ¼ cup peeled diced pink lady apple, 1 large
- 1 ¼ cup peeled diced peach, 3 small
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 Tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Review all recipe notes and instructions before beginning.
- In a saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the 1 jalapeños and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add the apple, peach, honey, vinegar, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Cook over medium heat for 15 minutes, string frequently.
- Combine all of the spices for the rub in a small bowl. Divide the rub between each chop and completely coat every side.
- Place in the air fryer in a single layer.
- Air fry at 400 degrees for 12-14 minutes or until they reach 145 degrees, flipping halfway through. Let them rest for 5 minutes and serve with warm salsa.
Leave a Reply