- Full of cold crunchy greens
- Tangy apple cider vinaigrette
- Loaded with roasted & salted almonds
- Simple ingredients & easy to make
- Perfect summer side dish
before you start
Step 1: In a small jar or air tight container, add all of the ingredients for the dressing. Shake until well combined.
Step 2: Toss kale, cabbage, almonds, and dressing in a large bowl.
- Tear/chop your kale into small bite size pieces. This makes it much more palatable and tender.
- Start with less dressing. When it comes to dressing a salad, I find it always needs less dressing than you think. Start with a drizzle and toss. Add more as needed.
- Taste and season. The salt and pepper in the dressing are a base. If you are like me, you might want a little extra. I recommend tossing your salad and tasting it to see if it needs more seasoning.
- Toss right before serving. Tossing the salad for a meal should always be last. This ensures your salad is extra crisp.
- Add protein. My Greek Yogurt Chicken is delicious served on top of this kale salad.
Kale Crunch Salad
- 3-4 ounces curly kale, chopped*
- 2 cups green cabbage, chopped
- ⅓ cup chopped salted & roasted almonds
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon honey
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Review all recipe notes and instructions before beginning.
- In a small jar or air tight container, add all of the ingredients for the dressing. Shake until well combined.
- Toss kale, cabbage, almonds, and dressing in a large bowl.