This Blackberry Jalapeño Margarita is the perfect way to spice up a classic margarita on the rocks. It comes together in only a few minutes and is full of flavor. The beautiful red hue comes from fresh muddled blackberries. Perfect for summer cookouts or pool days!
If you love tequila cocktails, learn how to make a mexican mule. It is delicious!
- Beautiful red color
- Loaded with fresh muddled blackberries
- A little kick from the fresh jalapeño
- Lemonade base
- Ready in less than 5 minutes
- Perfect for summer festivities
- Jalapeño: If you like a lot of heat, leave the seeds and membranes intact. Dice the jalapeño finely. If you just want a very subtle jalapeño flavor, remove all seeds and membrane. I recommend using 2-3 teaspoons of diced jalapeño. You can customize this to your heat liking.
- Honey: Since the blackberries are tart, I like to muddle them with just a touch of honey to balance things out. You can omit the honey if you like less sugar.
- Lemonade: Use a lemonade that is not made from concentrate for the freshest flavor. I love Simply Lemonade. It has minimal ingredients and is not too expensive.
- Lime Juice: use fresh lime juice. The store bought bottled lime juice does not have the same flavor and results in the drink tasting off.
before you start . . .
- Prep your produce. Wash the blackberries, jalapeño, and lime. Give the jalapeños a super fine chop. You can leave the seeds for more spice or you can remove them. Slice the lime and use a squeezer so you get all of the juice.
Step 1: Add the jalapeño, blackberries, and honey into a cocktail glass. Use a muddler or a spoon, muddle, until the blackberries fall apart.
Step 2: Pour the lime tequila, lemonade, and lime over the muddled berries. Stir and serve with ice.
Expert Tips & Recipe Notes
- Use good quality ingredients. Since this cocktail is simple, the quality of the ingredients is what makes it taste delicious. Fresh fruit, good quality tequila & lemonade, and fresh lime juice are crucial.
- Serve over lots of ice. Nobody likes a warm cocktail!
- Customize it. You can adjust the sweetness level by adding more or less honey. The same goes for the spice. You can leave the seeds and membranes in the jalapeño or remove them. You can also add more diced jalapeño.
- It gets spicier. If you make this drink ahead of time, it will get spicier the longer the jalapeño infuses in the liquid. So if you plan to make this the day before, err on the side of less spice.
- Scale the recipe for a group. This recipe only makes one drink, but it scales great for a group. You can make a large batch and store it in the refrigerator. Be sure to only add ice right before serving so it does not get watered down.
Blackberry Jalapeño Margarita
- Review all recipe notes and instructions before beginning.
- Add the jalapeño, blackberries, and honey into a cocktail glass. Use a muddler or a spoon, muddle, until the blackberries fall apart.
- Pour the lime tequila, lemonade, and lime over the muddled berries. Stir and serve with ice.