This Baked Feta Dip with Tomatoes is the tastiest simple appetizer. Think warm and creamy feta, roasted tomatoes, and garlic, finished with a drizzle of honey and lots of fresh basil. Pair this baked feta with your favorite crackers, bread, or homemade crostini. So addicting, especially if you love cheese as much as I do.
I am absolutely addicted to cheese (if you did not know this already). I am sure this is pretty obvious considering how many of my recipes involve cheese. But hey can you blame me? Cheese makes everything better. I can’t pick a favorite cheese. I just can’t. What about you?
Cheese and crackers is my go to snack and I absolutely love to prepare a charcuterie spread for a large crowd. But I am always looking for ways to mix things up.
I saw these beautiful multi-colored cherry tomatoes at the grocery store and immediately they made me think about that viral feta tik tok pasta (which I still have yet to try). I wanted to turn this trend into an appetizer.
So this is how I landed on this recipe. And it definitely is not complete without the honey and roasted garlic so don’t skip out on those.
- Simple & fresh ingredients
- Easy hands off recipe
- Warm & creamy feta paired with roasted tomatoes
- Sweet & salty
- Great party & holiday appetizer
- Feta: I recommend using the blocks of feta that come in a brine for this recipe. It has the best flavor and texture. You should be able to find this near the crumbled feta.
- Cherry Tomatoes: Use a variety of colors if possible.
before you start . . .
- Prep tomatoes. Wash, dry, and using a small paring knife, cut the tomatoes in half.
- Peel the garlic. I recommend detaching the cloves from the head using your hands. Then, use your palm to firmly press on the garlic clove. This should make the skin come off easily.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Step 1: Place the feta in the center of a baking dish. Arrange tomatoes and garlic around the feta. Sprinkle the dried herbs on top. Season with salt and pepper. Lastly, drizzle everything with the olive oil.
Step 2: Bake for 35-40 minutes. Broil on high for a couple of minutes or until the feta begins to become golden brown. Drizzle with honey and garnish with fresh basil.
Expert Tips & Recipe Notes
- Use fresh garlic. I highly recommend fresh garlic. Do not swap this for minced garlic or garlic powder.
- Broil. If you want more color or a bit of a char, broil the feta to finish it. Keep a close eye on it so it does not burn.
- Serve with bread, crackers, or crostini. I love serving this dip with rosemary sea salt crackers or slice baguette.
- Build the perfect bite. Start with the bread or cracker. Spread the roasted garlic across it. Then add the feta, tomatoes, and basil.
Baked Feta Dip with Tomatoes
- 1 8 ounce block feta*
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes*
- 10-12 cloves garlic
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
- pinch of salt
- few cracks of pepper
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- drizzle of honey
- handful of fresh basil
- bread for serving
- Review all recipe notes and instructions before beginning.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the feta in the center of a baking dish. Arrange tomatoes and garlic around the feta. Sprinkle the dried herbs on top. Season with salt and pepper. Lastly, drizzle everything with the olive oil.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Broil on high for a couple of minutes or until the feta begins to become golden brown. Drizzle with honey and garnish with fresh basil.