These Frozen Burgers (in Air Fryer) are super quick and easy! They are super juicy and basically foolproof. No grill or skillet needed so cleanup is an absolute breeze. Plus there is no thawing required so these burgers can be ready in less than 15 minutes!
I am sure that most of you know by now that I live in an apartment. So cooking outside is just not a thing that I do. Anyone else?
But of course I still love to enjoy all of the tasty proteins, like burgers, chicken, or brats that are usually grilled.
My solution is the air fryer. I use it to cook meat/fish, like air fryer frozen chicken breasts, air fryer brats, or air fryer salmon weekly. It uses high and direct heat so the outside of the protein caramelizes but the inside remains juicy, similar to the grill.
Not to mention that cooking these frozen burgers in the air fryer is faster and less of a hassle than heating up a grill or skillet.
Most frozen burgers already have some added seasoning, but if they do not, simply season with salt and pepper.
Do not forget about the toppings! My favorite topping is an extra slice of cheese. So good. Hope you enjoy!!xx
- These air fryer frozen burgers take less than 15 minutes to cook.
- There is no thawing required.
- Load these air fryer hamburgers up with your favorite toppings. They are extremely customizable.
- These frozen burgers (in air fryer) are gluten-free, dairy-free, and low carb/keto.
- This hamburger recipe is kid friendly.
- Cooking frozen burgers in the air fryer is less messy than searing the burgers on the stove
- Burgers: If the burgers are larger than ¼ pound, they will require additional cooking time. If the burgers are not already seasoned, season with salt and pepper.
Helpful Equipment & Tools
- COSORI Air Fryer Oven Combo 5.8QT Max Xl Large Cooker: This is the best air fryer on the market! It cooks great, has a large basket, and is less than $120. This is what all of my recipes are tested using.
- ThermoPro TP03 Digital Instant Read Meat Thermometer: This instant read thermometer is great for taking the internal temperature of any protein. It is also less than $15.
- DI ORO Chef Series Standard Flexible Silicone Turner Spatula: This spatula is great for flipping a frozen burger in the air fryer basket because it is heat resistant. It is also made of silicone so it will not damage the nonstick coating in the basket.
- Air fry the frozen burgers.
- Flip & air fry again.
Step by Step
Step 1: Place the frozen patties in the air fryer basket. Season with salt and pepper if needed.
Step 2: Air fry the frozen patties for 5-6 minutes at 390 degrees. Flip the patties.
Step 3: Air fry for an additional 5-7 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. Frozen burgers should be served well done.
Step 4: To melt the cheese, place the slices of cheese on top of the patties. Place the basket immediately back in the air fryer with it OFF. There will be enough heat to melt the cheese in 2-3 minutes.
Step 5: Spray or butter the inside of the buns.
Step 6: Toast the buns in the air fryer at 380 degrees for 2-3 minutes after the patties are done.
Make Ahead & Storage
- Make Ahead: Since these burgers do not require any prepping and can be cooked from frozen there is nothing to make in advance.
- Refrigerator: Store leftover cooked burgers in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
- Reheating: Reheat in the air fryer at 350 degrees for 3-5 minutes or until heated through.
- Freezer: I do not recommend refreezing leftover cooked burgers. They are best served fresh and cooked as needed.
- Do not thaw. There is no need to thaw the frozen hamburger patties before cooking.
- Use a meat thermometer. The best way to ensure the air fryer frozen burgers are not under or over cooked is to check the internal temperature with a meat thermometer. The internal temperature should be 165 degrees.
- Toast the buns. After the burgers are done (and the cheese is melted if using), use the air fry to toast the buns for a couple of minutes at 380 degrees. Spread some butter on them before toasting for extra flavor.
- Add your favorite toppings to the air fryer burgers. Customize these burgers with lots of toppings, like lettuce, onions, tomatoes, pickles, bacon, ketchup, mustard, etc.
- These times are just estimates. Every air fryer cooks differently. This is why it is especially important when cooking raw meat, like air fryer frozen burgers, to use a meat thermometer to be sure the meat is cooked through.
- Frozen turkey burgers: These are usually ⅓ pound each. Air Fry at 390 degrees for 12-15 minutes, flipping halfway through. The internal temperature should be 165 degrees.
Watch the How to Video
Frozen Burgers (in Air Fryer)
- 2-4 frozen beef burger patties, ¼ pound each*
- salt & pepper, if needed
- 4 pieces sliced cheddar or american cheese
- 2 brioche hamburger buns
- Place the frozen patties in the air fryer basket. Season with salt and pepper if needed.
- Air fry the frozen patties for 5-6 minutes at 390 degrees. Flip the patties.
- Air fry for an additional 5-7 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. Frozen burgers should be served well done.
- To melt the cheese, place the slices of cheese on top of the patties. Place the basket immediately back in the air fryer with it OFF. There will be enough heat to melt the cheese in 2-3 minutes.
- Spray or butter the inside of the buns.
- Toast the buns in the air fryer at 380 degrees for 2-3 minutes after the patties are done.