This Jalapeño Lime Crema will become your new favorite dip, dressing, and sauce. It is so creamy, tangy, and only takes 5 minutes to make. Put it on tacos, salads, bowls, or dip chips/veggies in it. Regardless, it is absolutely addicting.
One of my favorite ways to spice up a dish is with a good sauce. All you need is a base, some herbs/spices, a food processor, and you're good to go. Sauces are so easy to make, yet they add so much flavor.
I recently just started liking sour cream on my tacos (I know, I'm weird). But I wanted to spice up my sour cream with some cilantro and jalapeños. And that's how this crema was born. It all started with a taco but now I put it on everything.
- ready in 5 minutes
- only 8 simple ingredients
- you can make it spicy or mild
- use it as a dressing, dip, or sauce
- small batch recipe so you don't end up with more sauce than you can eat
- recipe can easily be doubled for a large crowd
- White onion - swap for green onion or yellow onion
- Honey - swap for white sugar
- Sour cream - swap for greek yogurt (any fat content will work)
- Jalapeños - If you are extremely sensitive to heat, start with ½ of a jalapeño. If not, start with one whole jalapeño. Add another if you want it to be spicier. I always start with a little and taste as I go. You can always add more!
before you start
Step 1: In a food processor, add the cilantro, sour cream, onion, 1 jalapeño, garlic, lime, honey, and salt.
Step 2: Pulse until smooth. Scrape down the sides in between pulses if needed.
Jalapeño Lime Crema
- 1 cup cilantro leaves and stems packed
- ⅔ cup (6 ounces) cup sour cream*
- 1 Tablespoon onion, chopped
- 1-2 jalapeños*, with seeds and membranes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon honey*
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- In a food processor, add the cilantro, sour cream, onion, 1 jalapeño, garlic, lime, honey, and salt.
- Pulse until smooth. Scrape down the sides in between pulses if needed.