These Bagel Bites (Air Fryer) are the perfect easy lunch or dinner. They are super nostalgic, but way better than the frozen ones. These are great for kids or to serve as game day or party appetizer. They take less than 10 minutes to make and are completely customizable.
If you love an easy pizza recipe, check out this pepperoni naan flatbread or these air fryer french bread pizzas.
For a low carb & keto friendly alternative, try my Pizza Bowl Recipe.
- Easy lunch, dinner, or appetizer
- Kid & picky eater friendly
- Party food idea
- Topped with gooey cheese & mini pepperonis
- Homemade bagel bites inspired by the classic frozen food
- Mini Bagels: You can use regular sized bagels instead. You will probably only need 2 depending on the size.
- Mozzarella Cheese: Swap for your favorite cheese or any mild cheese you have on hand.
- Mini Pepperonis: You can dice up regular sized sliced pepperoni if you can’t find mini pepperonis at the grocery store.
Complete list of ingredients and amounts is located on the recipe card below.
Helpful Equipment & Tools
- COSORI Air Fryer Max XL: This is my favorite air fryer. It is very powerful and has a large basket. It is also very reasonably priced.
- 2 Pack Black Kitchen Tongs: Silicone is safe for the nonstick coating on the air fryer basket and is heat resistant.
- Air Fryer Liners: These liners make cleanup a breeze and fit many different air fryers.
- Assemble the bagel bites.
- Air fryer until the cheese has melted and enjoy!
Step by Step
Step 1: Place the bagel halves in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
Step 2: Spread a thin layer of sauce on each bagel. Sprinkle the sauce with italian seasoning.
TIP - Spread a thin layer of sauce so the bagel bites do not get soggy.
Step 3: Top each half with the cheese and then the pepperonis.
Step 4: Air fryer at 380 degrees for 4 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Garnish with grated parmesan and chopped parsley.
Make Ahead & Storage
- Make Ahead: Assemble the pizza bagels one day in advance and store in the fridge until ready to air fry. You can store uncooked homemade bagel bites in the freezer as well for up to 3 months (follow freezer instructions below). You will need to add 1-2 minutes to the cook time if frozen.
- Refrigerator: Store leftover bagel pizzas in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
- Reheat: Air fryer for 3-4 minutes at 380 degrees or until heated through.
- Freezer: Store cooked homemade bagel bites in the freezer for up to 3 months. Be sure to allow them to cool completely before freezing. Place the bagels in a single layer not touching on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Freeze for 4-6 hours then transfer them to a freezer bag or airtight container. This prevents them from sticking together.
- Reheat: Air fryer for 4-6 minutes at 380 degrees.
- I do not recommend storing leftover store-bought frozen bagel bites, only homemade.
- Use flavored sauce. Instead of using plain tomato sauce, I recommend using some variation of a roasted garlic flavor. This adds so much flavor, but requires no extra effort.
- Finish with parmesan cheese. This is a no brainer. More cheese is always better in my book. I always finish pizza with some grated parm.
- Serve with sauce. I recommend serving these pizza bites with marinara, ranch, or pesto.
- These can be made in a basket or oven style air fryer. Use the “air fry” function if using an oven.
- I do not recommend making these in the microwave. They will be too soft.
- Oven: Preheat the oven to 425 degrees, assemble pizza bagels as directed and bake for 5-7 minutes or until the cheese is melted and browned.
- Toppings: Feel free to use any toppings you like for these bagel bites (air fryer), just be sure to cut them into small pieces. Try chopped mushrooms, onions, peppers, olives, cooked sausage, or ham. Always cook raw meat before assembling. Do not overload the bagels since they are pretty small.
Yes they can be cooked in the air fryer. Air fry at 380 degrees for 5-6 minutes or until golden brown and heated through.
Cook from frozen for 5-6 minutes at 380 degrees. Do not thaw before cooking.
Yes it is safe. However, for most recipes you want the basket to be open on the bottom so oil can drip and the air can circulate properly. This results in crispier food.
Generally, you should not use metal utensils because the basket has a nonstick coating that these utensils will scrape off. I recommend using silicone utensils.
Yes. You do not want old food particles building up in the basket. Read your air fryer’s manual for instructions on cleaning.
- Marinara Sauce
- Ranch Dressing
- Simple Salad
- Raw Vegetables
Yes compared to deep fried food. There is much less oil and most of the excess oil or grease drips into the bottom and is not consumed.
Bagel Bites (Air Fryer)
- 5 mini bagels, cut in half*
- ⅓ cup roasted garlic pasta sauce
- italian seasoning
- 1 cup (4 ounces) mozzarella cheese, shredded*
- 50-60 mini pepperonis, 1 package*
- grated parmesan cheese
- chopped parsley
- Review all recipe notes and instructions before beginning.
- Place the bagel halves in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
- Spread a thin layer of sauce on each bagel. Sprinkle the sauce with italian seasoning.
- Top each half with the cheese and then the pepperonis.
- Air fryer at 380 degrees for 4-6 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Garnish with grated parmesan and chopped parsley.
Leave a Reply