These Frozen Egg Rolls (in air fryer) are the perfect easy side dish to accompany any stir fry or rice dish. They take less than 15 minutes to cook and are way crispier than if cooked in the microwave or oven.
Homemade eggs rolls are quite time consuming and ordering Chinese takeout can be super expensive.
The air fryer is perfect for crisping up frozen foods. Some of my favorite frozen air fryer recipes include, Air Fryer Frozen French Fries, Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Wings, or Air Fryer Frozen Bagel Bites.
Are you curious what the difference between egg rolls and spring rolls is? Check out my post about Egg Rolls vs Spring Rolls.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe & What You’ll Learn
- Cooking frozen egg rolls in the air fryer is much faster than the oven.
- These air fryer frozen egg rolls are way crispier than microwaved egg rolls.
- Frying egg rolls in the air fryer is less messy than deep frying. It is also healthier.
- Frozen egg rolls are a super easy and kid friendly side dish.
- Most egg rolls are dairy free. Be sure to check the nutrition label.
Ingredient Notes & Substitutions
- Egg Rolls: Frozen pork, chicken, or vegetable egg rolls all work. Do not thaw the egg rolls before cooking.
- Avocado Oil Spray: This helps the egg rolls get extra crispy and not dry out.
Helpful Equipment & Tools
How to Make Frozen Egg Rolls in Air Fryer
- Preheat the air fryer.
- Air fry the egg rolls for 12-14 minutes flipping halfway through.
Step by Step Instructions
Step 1: Preheat the air fryer at 400 degrees for 5 minutes.
Step 2: Place the frozen egg rolls in the basket in a single layer so they are not touching. Spray lightly with oil if using.
Step 3: Air fry at 400 degrees for 6-7 minutes.
Step 4: Flip and spray with oil again. Air fry for another 6-7 minutes at 400 degrees, or until crispy and golden.
Make Ahead & Storage
- I recommend only frying as many egg rolls as you plan to eat fresh because they are not as good leftovers. However if you have leftovers, follow the storage tips below.
- Refrigerator: Store leftover egg rolls in an airtight container in the fridge for 1-2 days.
- Reheating: Follow the recipe as stated, expect you need to reduce the cook time to 3-4 minutes per side. Add more time if needed so the egg rolls are heating through.
- Do not overcrowd the air fryer. Air should be able to circulate around the egg rolls so they will get crispy.
- Flip the egg rolls. This allows each side to brown.
- Serve hot. These air fryer eggs rolls are best fresh.
- Don’t forget about the dipping sauce. Some egg rolls come with sauce or you can try soy, spicy mayo, or Thai chili sauce.
- This recipe was created for full size egg rolls. Mini egg rolls require less time. Egg rolls vary in size so adjust the cook time as needed to ensure they are heated through.
- This recipe was tested using the COSORI Smart WiFi Air Fryer. This is why the cook time is a range. Each air fryer cooks differently. Use this as a guide, but check on the egg rolls as they cook.
- Check out my Air Fryer Frozen Spring Roll recipe.
Watch the How to Video
Frozen Egg Rolls (in air fryer)
- 6 full size frozen egg rolls*
- avocado oil spray*
- Preheat the air fryer at 400 degrees for 5 minutes.
- Place the frozen egg rolls in the basket in a single layer so they are not touching. Spray lightly with oil if using.
- Air fry at 400 degrees for 6-7 minutes.
- Flip and spray with oil again. Air fry for another 6-7 minutes at 400 degrees, or until crispy and golden.