These Frozen Spring Rolls (in Air Fryer) are crispy, easy to make, and the perfect side dish for Chinese take-out inspired recipes. They only take 10 minutes to cook and there is no need to hassle with deep frying.
These frozen spring rolls (in air fryer) are a go to easy side dish of mine, along with Air Fryer Frozen Egg Rolls.
If you are curious about what exactly the difference between egg rolls and spring rolls is, check out my post on Egg Rolls vs Spring Rolls.
Air frying spring rolls is much healthier than deep frying because no oil is required for air frying. If you love Air Fryer Recipes inspired by traditionally deep fried foods, try my Frozen Chicken Wings in Air Fryer, Air Fryer Orange Chicken, or Easy Air Fryer Chicken Fried Steak.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe & What You’ll Learn
- Frozen spring rolls (in air fryer) only take 10 minutes to cook.
- Air frying spring rolls is healthier and less messy than deep frying.
- These crispy air fried spring rolls are the perfect side dish for homemade Chinese inspired takeout dishes.
- Air fryer spring rolls are typically gluten free and dairy free. Some are even vegan! Be sure to check the nutrition label if you have an allergy.
- You do not have to bother with preparing fillings and assembling spring rolls from scratch.
- Air fryer frozen spring rolls are less expensive than picking them up from your local Chinese restaurant.
Ingredient Notes & Substitutions
- Frozen Spring Rolls: Any kind of spring roll will work. Shrimp and vegetables are the types that my grocery store carries. Do not thaw the spring rolls before air frying.
- Avocado Oil: This is not necessary, but will prevent the spring rolls from drying out and will ensure they are super crispy.
Helpful Equipment & Tools
How to Make Frozen Spring Rolls in Air Fryer
- Place the frozen spring rolls in the air fryer basket.
- Air fry for 10 minutes, flipping halfway through.
Step by Step Instructions
Step 1: Place the frozen spring rolls in the basket in a single layer so they are not touching. Spray lightly with oil if using.
Step 2: Air fry at 400 degrees for 5 minutes.
Step 3: Flip and spray with oil again. Air fry for another 5 minutes at 400 degrees, or until crispy and golden.
Make Ahead & Storage
- I only recommend air frying spring rolls that you plan to eat in one sitting. However, if you do have leftovers, see the note below.
- Refrigerator: Store leftover spring rolls in an airtight container in the fridge for 1-2 days.
- Reheating: Reheat heat spring rolls in the air fryer at 400 degrees for 4-5 minutes.
- Use spray oil. This prevents the spring rolls from drying out in the air fryer and helps them become golden brown.
- Do not overcrowd the air fryer basket. Spring rolls should be placed in a single layer not touching. This allows the hot air to circulate around the food and makes it crispy.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce. Try peanut, soy, or sweet chili sauce.
- This recipe was tested with my favorite air fryer, the COSORI Smart WiFi Air Fryer. Every air fryer cooks differently. Be sure to check on the spring rolls as they cook and adjust the time as needed.
- Egg rolls: Check out my Air Fryer Frozen Egg Roll recipe!
- Oven: Bake at 400 degrees for 18-20 minutes.
- Stove: Pan fry in oil over medium heat for 5-7 minutes.
Frozen Spring Rolls (in Air Fryer)
- 5 frozen spring rolls*
- avocado oil spray
- Place the frozen spring rolls in the basket in a single layer so they are not touching. Spray lightly with oil if using.
- Air fry at 400 degrees for 5 minutes.
- Flip and spray with oil again. Air fry for another 5 minutes at 400 degrees, or until crispy and golden.