Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.
This Garlic Bread (in Air Fryer) is crusty, herbaceous, and loaded with cheese & garlic, of course. It truly does not get any better than cheese and bread. The air fryer toasts the bread to perfection. This recipe is great for when your oven is occupied or if you are just obsessed with cooking with your air fryer, like me.
I am kind of embarrassed to admit how many times a week I make garlic bread. It is probably one of the most requested sides by husband.
I mean garlic bread goes great with so many different meals. Think pasta, pizza, soup, any protein, etc. The list goes on!
So I guess you could say I have mastered my garlic bread recipe.
The key is lots of fresh garlic, a little cheese, Italian seasoning, and too much butter. This garlic bread (in air fryer) is crispy on the outside and cheesy and soft in the middle. Hope you enjoy!!xx
- Cheesy, buttery, & loaded with garlic
- Stuffing the loaf (versus slicing it into individual pieces) allows you to fit more garlic bread in the air fryer
- Quick & easy
- Kid friendly
- The perfect side dish
- Toasted to perfection in the air fryer
- Faster than the oven
- French Bread: You can use any type of bread, just be sure it is about a 12 inch loaf so there is enough butter and cheese to coat it.
- Salted Butter: The salt is going to enhance the flavor of the air fryer garlic bread. You can use unsalted butter, but I recommend adding some salt.
- Mozzarella: Swap for any semi-hard melting cheese.
Helpful Equipment & Tools
- COSORI Air Fryer Max XL: My favorite air fryer. Large basket & great price point.
- 2 Pack Black Kitchen Tongs: Heat resistant & safe for the non-stick coating on the air fryer basket.
- Air Fryer Liners: Great for easy clean up.
- Make slits in the bread.
- Stuff them with butter and cheese.
- Air fry & enjoy!
Step by Step
Step 1: Make slits across each piece of bread about 1 inch apart. Do not cut all the way through. The bread should still be in 1 piece.
Step 2: In a small bowl, combine the butter, garlic, and Italian seasoning.
Step 3: Spoon and brush the garlic butter mixture into the slits of the bread and on top.
Step 4: Sprinkle the mozzarella and parmesan evenly between each slit.
Step 5: Place the bread into the air fryer basket.
Step 6: Air fry at 330 degrees for 5-7 minutes, checking halfway through. Cover with foil in the bread is browning too quickly.
Make Ahead & Storage
- Refrigerator: Air fryer garlic bread should be stored in the fridge (not at room temperature) because of the cheese. Store it in an airtight container for 3-4 days in the fridge.
- Reheating: Reheat it in the microwave in 5-10 second increments until warm. It heats up quickly. Retreat in the air fryer at 330 degrees for for 6-8 minutes.
- Freezer: You can store already air fried bread in the freezer in an airtight bag or container for 2-3 months. You can also prepare the bread through step 4 and then freeze the loaf. This is great for meal prep!
- Reheating: Reheat the frozen garlic bread in the air fryer at 330 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until heated through.
- Grate your own cheese. I highly recommend grating your own mozzarella and parmesan reggiano for this recipe. Pre-shredded bags of cheese contain anti-caking agents to keep the cheese from clumping. This also does not allow the cheese to melt as well.
- Don’t skimp on the butter and cheese. This recipe uses a good amount of these for a reason. This is what makes the garlic toast full of flavor and keeps it from becoming dry.
- Air fry for an extra 1-2 minutes. If you want your bread extra toasty or darker in color, air fry for another 1-2 minutes at the end.
- Every air fryer cooks differently. If your bread does not look done to your liking, try toasting it for another 1-2 minutes. If your air fryer typically run hots, check it 1-2 minutes early.
- Double the recipe. If you would like to use a larger 24 ounce loaf of bread, double all of the other ingredients as well. You can cook the bread in batches.
- Pesto: Swap 2 Tablespoons of the butter for 2 Tablespoons of pesto.
- Spicy: Add ¼ - 1 teaspoon of red chili flakes to the melted butter.
- More garlic: The best part about making homemade garlic bread (in the air fryer) is that you can customize it. Add more garlic to taste.
- Oven: Bake the loaf at 350 for 20-30 minutes. Cover if needed with foil.
Garlic Bread (in Air Fryer)
- 12 inch french loaf, cut in ½*
- 6 Tablespoons salted butter, melted*
- 3-4 cloves
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 ½ cups (6 ounces) mozzarella cheese, shredded*
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- Review all recipe notes and instructions before beginning.
- Make slits across each piece of bread about 1 inch apart. Do not cut all the way through. The bread should still be in 1 piece.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, garlic, and Italian seasoning.
- Spoon and brush the garlic butter mixture into the slits of the bread and on top.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella and parmesan evenly between each slit.
- Place the bread into the air fryer basket.
- Air fry at 330 degrees for 5-7 minutes, checking halfway through. Cover with foil in the bread is browning too quickly.