Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.
This homemade Garlic and Herb Seasoning is the perfect everyday spice blend to make in large batches to store in your pantry. It will spice up pastas, veggies, and goes well on most proteins. Not to mention it takes 5 minutes to prepare.
I typically prefer to avoid store bought seasoning blends because I do not know how much of each spice is in them. They also typically have salt added. We all know I love salt, but I just like to control the amount of salt that goes in my recipes.
I created this simple seasoning to be super versatile and salt free. I love to prep it in large batches so I always have it in my spice cabinet.
- Delicious blend of spices and herbs that creates an Italian flavor
- Easy to prepare ahead of time in large batches (feel free to double or triple the recipe)
- Great for seasoning vegetables, rice, pasta dishes, chicken, shrimp/fish, pork, and more
- No funky additives or ingredients compared to store bought seasonings
How To Use
- Add a spoonful or two to boost the flavor of a store bought jar of tomato sauce
- Season raw veggies for roasting with this seasoning, salt, pepper, and olive oil
- Use to season scrambled eggs
- Stir into alfredo sauce or other cream sauces for pasta dishes
- Mix with olive oil and vinegar for an easy italian vinaigrette
- Use to season mashed, hasselback, or roasted potatoes
- Add into raw pizza or roll dough for a zesty Italian flavor
before you start
Step 1: Mix all spices together in a small bowl.
Step 2: Store in a small bag, jar, or airtight container.
Garlic and Herb Seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon granulated garlic
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon ground mustard
- Review all recipe notes and instructions before beginning.
- Mix all spices together in a small bowl.
- Store in a small bag, jar, or airtight container.