You have to try my Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Foam recipe too!
- Starbucks copycat but better
- Instructions for store bought white chocolate sauce & homemade
- Regular milk & non-dairy milk will work
- Topped with whipped cream and extra white chocolate
- Can also be served hot
- Customize the level of sweetness to your taste (the best part of coffee at home & copycat recipes)
- Espresso: Any espresso roast will work. If you do not have an espresso machine, you can use instant espresso powder or instant coffee. Follow the instructions on the package to prepare. You can also substitute the espresso for ½ cup strongly brewed dark roast coffee.
- Milk: You can use any fat percentage of milk or even plant based milk. If you want the drink extra creamy, use whole milk. If you want the drink a little lighter, use non-dairy milk or skim milk. I love using coconut or oat milk.
- White Chocolate Mocha Sauce: You can make homemade white chocolate sauce or use store bought. I like Torani’s White Chocolate Sauce, but any brand will work. Use 1 Tablespoon if you prefer a less sweet coffee drink. Use 2 Tablespoons for more of a white chocolate flavor.
Helpful Equipment & Tools
- Nespresso Vertuo Coffee and Espresso Maker: This is the espresso machine I use daily for both coffee and espresso. It works great and uses pods which makes it super easy to make. This machine also comes with a milk frother.
- SIMPLETASTE Milk Frother Handheld: This hand held frother is super inexpensive and works great.
- LUXU Glass Coffee Mugs Set of 4: These clear mugs are super fun for coffee or tea. They are also great quality.
How to Make an Iced White Chocolate Mocha
- Combine the milk and white chocolate sauce.
- Add the espresso, ice, and enjoy!
Step by Step
Step 1: In a glass, whisk together (or use a frother to mix) the milk and white chocolate sauce until it is completely combined.
Step 2: Pour the espresso on top of the milk. Add ice and stir. Garnish with whipped cream and additional white chocolate if desired.
Make Ahead & Storage
- Make Ahead: The white chocolate mocha sauce can be made in advance and stored in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 4 days. The espresso can be made the night before so it has time to chill.
- Refrigerator: I do not recommend combining the espresso, milk, and white chocolate until you are ready to drink it. Each component can be stored separately in the fridge.
- Freezer: I do not recommend freezing the white chocolate sauce for the iced white chocolate mocha drink.
- Use strong espresso or dark roast coffee. The strong bitter flavor of the espresso/coffee compliments the sweetness of the white chocolate. Espresso results in the best flavor.
- Taste as you go. You might prefer your drink with a little less white chocolate sauce than the recipe calls for, but this is the beauty of making a white mocha at home. You can completely customize it to your taste.
- Use a frother to mix the milk and chocolate sauce. Using a handheld frother will help the sauce to dissolve better into the milk.
- Add whipped cream on top. This really makes the drink taste like a Starbucks copycat white mocha. You can make homemade vanilla sweet cream or use store bought.
- The recipe can be doubled. Brew the shots of espresso in separate cups. Make the white chocolate milk mixture and pour half of it over each shot.
- Hot: Instead of a copycat Starbucks iced white chocolate mocha, you can make a hot white mocha following this recipe. After you have combined the milk and white chocolate sauce, warm it on the stove, in the microwave, or in a frother. Pour the warm milk mixture over hot shots of espresso and you have a copycat Starbucks hot white mocha!
Iced White Chocolate Mocha
- 1.5 - 2 ounces chilled espresso*
- ¾ cup of milk*
- 1-2 Tablespoons white chocolate sauce*
- ice, for serving
- whipped cream
- mini white chocolate chips
- Review all recipe notes and instructions before beginning.
- In a glass, whisk together (or use a frother to mix) the milk and white chocolate sauce until it is completely combined.
- Pour the espresso on top of the milk. Add ice and stir. Garnish with whipped cream and additional white chocolate if desired.