Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.
My morning cup of coffee is the best part of my day. It is definitely something I wake up thinking about. Anyone else?
I personally love Starbucks. I know this opinion is up for debate, but I love their drinks. However, I try to limit the number of coffees I get out each month to save money. So I have had to become my own barista.
I bounce back and forth between coffee and espresso, but typically use my nespresso machine to brew my coffee. I love it & how strong their coffee pods are.
One of my husband’s favorite drinks is a white mocha, but Starbucks makes it a little too sweet for our taste, so I wanted to recreate it at home. And let me tell you, I think it's even better!
- Creamy & lightly sweetened
- Topped with whipped cream and white chocolate
- Only requires 3 ingredients
- Much cheaper than buying a mocha from a coffee shop
- Quick & easy to make
- Espresso: If you do not have an espresso machine, you can use instant espresso powder. Follow the instructions on the package to prepare.
- Milk: You can use any fat percentage or even plant based milk. I use ½ cup of nonfat milk and ¼ cup half and half.
- White Chocolate Sauce: I use Torani’s White Chocolate Sauce, but any brand will work. Use 1 Tablespoon if you prefer a less sweet coffee. Use 2 Tablespoons for more of a white chocolate flavor.
before you start
Step 1: In a measuring cup, mix together the milk and white chocolate sauce until it dissolves.
Step 2: Fill a large glass with ice. Pour the espresso in first, then top it off with the milk. Stir if desired.
- Start with less white chocolate sauce. This will ensure your coffee does not become too sweet.
- Use a frother to mix the milk and chocolate sauce. Using a handheld frother will help the sauce to dissolve better into the milk.
- Add whipped cream on top. This really makes the drink taste like a traditional white mocha.
Iced White Mocha (Starbucks Copycat)
- 1.5 - 2 ounces chilled espresso*
- ¾ cup of milk*
- 1-2 Tablespoons white chocolate sauce*
- whipped cream, mini white chocolate chips
- Review all recipe notes and instructions before beginning.
- In a measuring cup, mix together the milk and white chocolate sauce until it dissolves.
- Fill a large glass with ice. Pour the espresso in first, then top it off with the milk. Stir if desired.